Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sathija Pavuluri <sp...@EmprisaNetworks.com> on 2007/01/29 20:36:23 UTC

Re: [AXIS2] Which binding framework should i use for complex xml handling

> > >As i mention usually, start from WSDL/Schema. (NOT from
> > > java/pojo's).

Sorry for chipping into this thread with an unrelated question, but wanted to know why you say that....
Is that because axis2 has less good features for pojo services?
I had read some articles early on when I was jumping into this, that didnt advocate for either approach.

Thanks,
Sathija.

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
I just looked at your WSDL and noticed a couple of things. Most of
your elements are defined as restricted strings of lengths 20, 50, or
100. If you want to be able to support validation of these element,
you could defining three simple types with these restrictions, then
define the elements as the appropriate type.

More more note: when using document style, your <soap:body> and
<soap12:body> definitions in the binding MUST NOT include the
namespace attribute. That attribute is used only with RPC style. They
should look like this:

         <soap:body use="literal"/>
         <soap12:body use="literal"/>

Anne