Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/18 15:29:44 UTC

Learning HBase

Dear all,

I am a new user of HBase. I just finished reading the book, HBase the
Definitive Guide.

I am implementing a new page sharing system. HBase is a good choice to
process big data for me. The issue is that I still need much effort to
program my system and I need to focus on the logic of my system. At this
time, is it fine that I just take care of the Java client APIs for the
pseudo distributed mode? I plan to complete my system first and then
consider Map/Reduce integration and some other management techniques. Any
possible problems to do so?

Thanks so much!

Best regards,
Bing

Re: Learning HBase

Posted by Ulrich Staudinger <us...@gmail.com>.
feedback appreciated
thanks

--
comnect on xing or linkedin

Re: Learning HBase

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: Learning HBase

Posted by Ulrich Staudinger <us...@activequant.com>.
Hey Bing,

you might want to give my AQ2o master server a try, it's really great for
development, I use it everyday and a bunch of friends of mine, too.

It's download, double-click (or sh runserver.sh) and use. URL
http://aq2o.activequant.org/uberjar.html

It uses 0.90.4 and spawns a zooserver, regionserver and master in their own
thread, all running on localhost and with the data directory set the
application's root folder.

Don't use it in production, it's really there for development.

That server also contains other stuff in the same VM: namely a HSQLDB and a
SOAP server, which are not probably not relevant for you, but nice anyway

That should help you to get started a bit ... as said, download, start,
develop against it.

Cheers,
Ulrich

--