Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/09/10 16:11:14 UTC

[LogKit]: (Synchronization) Error using RotatingFileTarget

Hi,

using latest Apache Cocoon 2.0 with the latest LogKit we get from time
to time a "Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream." message on
the screen.
We heavily use the RotatingFileTarget.

Looking through the target classes of the LogKit I didn't see a
synchronized statement around a processEvent() method or the internal
write() method. Am I correct here (Is the event processing not synchronized)
?

Does anyone else get those messages?

Carsten

AW: [LogKit]: (Synchronization) Error using RotatingFileTarget

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Peter Donald wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just uploaded the changes. I *think* I got all of the problem
> areas ... not
> sure ... will go back and check more thouroughly in a few days. In the
> meantime I would like to hear how it works at your end ;)

This end is working great! No synchronization problems here!
Thanks for your help,

Carsten

Re: AW: [LogKit]: (Synchronization) Error using RotatingFileTarget

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Peter Donald wrote:
>
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 00:11, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > using latest Apache Cocoon 2.0 with the latest LogKit we get from time
> > to time a "Logging Error: Writing event to closed stream." message on
> > the screen.
> > We heavily use the RotatingFileTarget.
> >
> > Looking through the target classes of the LogKit I didn't see a
> > synchronized statement around a processEvent() method or the internal
> > write() method. Am I correct here (Is the event processing not
> > synchronized) ?
> >
> > Does anyone else get those messages?
>
> yer your right ... my god how did I make such a brain dead mistake ;)
>
> I managed to synchronize all the wrong bits ;( I just made some
> mods locally
> and hopefully I will check them in tomorrow.

Great and many thanks!

Carsten

Re: [LogKit]: (Synchronization) Error using RotatingFileTarget

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.