Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@zyzzyva.com> on 1995/08/30 05:57:00 UTC

Re: nothing to do with apache. What size disk cache ?

If you have the program 'monitor' installed, it can tell you
quite a bit about the cache hit rate. You can then fiddle
the kernel variables up and down to see what works.
20-30mb seems high. I have to run our HP NFS servers with
variables bumped to seemingly ridiculous numbers. I'll
take notice of the size of disk cache next time I'm in
there.