Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sam Carleton <sc...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/25 02:27:01 UTC

OFBiz and Firebird DB

I would like to use the Firebird DB with ofbiz.  I configured it to use
Firebird and when I ran the load-demo, a lot of errors flashed across the
screen, but still many things were created in the DB.  When I go to run it
and connect for the first time, I get the following error in the browser:

HTTP Status 500 - Could not get next sequenced ID for sequence name: Visitor

I have worked with Firebird for many years now and this isn't a
huge surprise to me.  Unlike the other databases I have encountered,
Firebird does *NOT* have the concept of an auto-sequence attribute for a
column.  If that is a desired feature (when isn't it?) you have to use
triggers and a unique Firebird feature called a generator.

I am wondering if there are more details out there on how to get ofbiz to
work with Firebird.

Sam

Allow Shipgroup address change from backend

Posted by Varun Kothari <va...@tcs.com>.
Dear All,

Need your views on this, please help.

Shipgroup address / method change is allowed which changes address on
order line item for already shipped items to earlier address

1) For an order with two quantities of an item,  one ship group has been
created.
2) From the back-end OMS app, I pack an item using "Pack shipment for ship
group"  button on shipgroup
3) Now i am allowed change the address and shipment method on ship group
4) this change in ship group address is maintained on line items as well
as contact information even for item which has been shipped already to
another address
5) Though we could check the packing slip for already packed items to see
their real shipment address

Shall we not allow address change on a ship group, if any one of the item
on it has already been packed / shipped. Please suggest.

regards
Varun Kothari
9810535773
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Re: OFBiz and Firebird DB

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Sam,

See https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBADMIN/ofbiz-contributors-best-practices.html
for the details of how to submit a patch using the Jira bug tracker.

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

Sam Carleton-2 wrote

-----

Re: OFBiz and Firebird DB

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sam,

Thanks for you interest in contributing
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices

Jacques

From: "Sam Carleton" <sc...@miltonstreet.com>

Re: OFBiz and Firebird DB

Posted by Sam Carleton <sc...@miltonstreet.com>.
> [...]

> >> and connect for the first time, I get the following error in the
> browser:
> >>
> >> HTTP Status 500 - Could not get next sequenced ID for sequence name:
> >> Visitor
> >>
> >> I have worked with Firebird for many years now and this isn't a
> >> huge surprise to me.  Unlike the other databases I have encountered,
> >> Firebird does *NOT* have the concept of an auto-sequence attribute for a
> >> column.  If that is a desired feature (when isn't it?) you have to use
> >> triggers and a unique Firebird feature called a generator.
> >>
> >> I am wondering if there are more details out there on how to get ofbiz
> >> work with Firebird.
> >>
> >> Sam
> >>

> -----
> --
> Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd
> http://www.coherentsoftware.com.au/
>
> Bonsai ERP, the all-inclusive ERP system

Sent from el iPhone
513.349.5084

Re: OFBiz and Firebird DB

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.