Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by vi...@msn.com on 2001/08/07 06:18:58 UTC

Apache + Tomcat inprocess

Tomcat Team:

Are there any plans to support Apache + Tomcat inprocess in the near future?
  From what I can tell, jni_connect.c just needs to be supported for Apache
installs and jni_connect.so needs to be built.  What release is this feature
on the roadmap for (if any)?

Thanks for any info,
Vivake

Re: Apache + Tomcat inprocess

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Tue, 7 Aug 2001,  wrote:

> Tomcat Team:
>
> Are there any plans to support Apache + Tomcat inprocess in the near future?
>   From what I can tell, jni_connect.c just needs to be supported for Apache
> installs and jni_connect.so needs to be built.  What release is this feature
> on the roadmap for (if any)?

AFAIK, it should work just fine with Apache2.0 ( the same it works for
NES, AOLServer and IIS ). For Apache1.3.x - I don't know, it may work on
windows ( where it's multithreaded ), but no chance for the rest.

Of course, performance has a price - it's a bit harder to set up.

Costin