Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Gayda, Joseph J. (LNG)" <Jo...@lexis-nexis.com> on 2001/05/02 23:16:34 UTC

Xalan 1.2.1 validation question

I have question concerning a problem I'm having running Xalan in validation
mode.  I'm using the command line interface.  For example:

java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -validate -in input.xml -xsl some.xsl
-out output.xml

Example of some.xsl:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

<xsl:template match="*|@*">
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:apply-templates select="*|@*|text()"/>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="text()">
  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

The output from the command line run:

========= Parsing file:some.xsl ==========
Parser error: General Schema Error: Grammar with uri 2:
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform , can not found.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:stylesheet" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:template" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:copy" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:apply-templates" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:template" must be declared.
Parser error: Element type "xsl:value-of" must be declared.
Parse of file:some.xsl took 3426 milliseconds
========= Parsing file:input.xml ==========
Parse of file:input.xml took 320 milliseconds
Transforming...
transform took 445 milliseconds
XSLProcessor: done

Am I doing something wrong?  Why is Xalan trying to open the URI address for
the namespace?  Is there anything I can do to eliminate these validation
errors?