Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com> on 2007/03/02 13:01:37 UTC

T5 parent POMs need plugin repositories included

The source distributions need to have a <pluginRepositories> section included
in order to build on a clean machine using the specified plugins. You can
use the section declared in the tapestry-project pom, but you also need to
add an entry for http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ for the javadoc and
javasource plugins.

Terry

Re: [WARNING] T5 parent POMs need plugin repositories included

Posted by Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com>.
Yup, if you have some repositories set in your settings.xml, Maven will use
those. It's a bit of a moot point as to where you should put definitions for
common plugins, but if something is likely to stop your build from working
on a new user's machine (with an obtuse error message), then I normally
include all the required repositiories with the project to cut down on the
inevitable support calls.

Re: T5 parent POMs need plugin repositories included

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

On 3/2/07, Terry <te...@meta-concepts.com> wrote:

> The source distributions need to have a <pluginRepositories> section included
> in order to build on a clean machine using the specified plugins. You can
> use the section declared in the tapestry-project pom, but you also need to
> add an entry for http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ for the javadoc and
> javasource plugins.
>
> Terry

Howard M. Lewis Ship