Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Nir Gazit <ni...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/14 12:12:02 UTC

Difference between Flink runner and portable runner on Python

Hey,
The documentation lists 2 options for running Python Beam on Flink:
"Portable (Python)" and "Portable (Python / Go / Java)". What are the
differences between them? which one is recommended?

Thanks!
Nir

Re: Difference between Flink runner and portable runner on Python

Posted by Ankur Goenka <go...@google.com>.
DOCKER is the recommended way but for testing and development you can also
use LOOPBACK.
More details here
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/17fbe8be70b71bc1236e553a5fe7902a2df5dda4/sdks/python/apache_beam/options/pipeline_options.py#L1115

Posted by Nir Gazit <ni...@gmail.com>.