Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com> on 2014/03/28 18:10:40 UTC

Why are some bugs not going to make it into 10.10.2.1 release

Just wondering as some of the bugs that I reported and have been fixed are not going to be in this release.  Basically without these, the release is not useful to me at least and i will have to continue to build and patch myself.

Take these for example:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5561?filter=-2
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5560?filter=-2

These appear marked to 10.9.2.2 but don’t appear to be included in this release.

Re: Why are some bugs not going to make it into 10.10.2.1 release

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 3/28/14 10:59 AM, Bergquist, Brett wrote:
> Okay, I was trying to review the release notes and I guess I either have the wrong or picked the wrong link on the email.   Where are the proposed release notes located?  I searched the Wiki first and found
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.10/RELEASE-NOTES.html?revision=1582424&view=markup
Try the version at the head of the branch:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/branches/10.10/RELEASE-NOTES.html?view=co
> Is that the correct place to look?   I just looked now and do see that 5560 is included so I was mistaken on that one.
>
> I am more concerned in making sure a bug fix is include in the release or not and was only going by the release notes as to which bugs are included.   Bugs that are not included are going to have to be patched by me in before I can use the release.   Not a big deal but it makes it easier when I know which ones were not included.  The first one marked as fixed in 10.9.2.2 lead me to believe it was not fixed in 10.9.1.0 and thus might not be in 10.10.2.0
I can see that that's confusing. I don't know what's going on. Would be
interested in your feedback on whether the bug is actually fixed in
10.10.2.0.

Thanks,
-Rick

Posted by "Bergquist, Brett" <BB...@canoga.com>.