Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Michael Wallner <mi...@iworks.at> on 2004/08/24 12:05:28 UTC

Missing symlink for libaprutil

Hi,

shouldn't a symbolic link be created, when apr gets
installed (with apache2)?

I'm talking about
/usr/lib/libaprutil.so[.0] -> /usr/lib/libaprutil.0.so

Many thanks,
--
Michael - < mike(@)php.net >

Re: Missing symlink for libaprutil

Posted by Michael Wallner <mi...@iworks.at>.
Hi Anthony Wells, you wrote:

> I probably have libapr.so.0 and libaprutil.so.0 because of SuSE's rpm
>  installation.

Someone said debian creates them too...
Perhaps it's just an old issue with 2.0.49

Posted by Anthony Wells <aw...@cd-crafters.com>.
Michael,

In the installation of my main server I have the following files under
/usr/lib:

libapr-0.a
libapr-0.la
libapr-0.so -> libapr-0.so.0.9.5
libapr-0.so.0 -> libapr-0.so.0.9.5
libapr-0.so.0.9.5 (actual library)
libapr.so.0 -> libapr-0.so.0

The same files above exist for libaprutil.

My dummy, verily-configured installation of Apache 2.0.50, which I use for
build purposes, has the same files under /usr/local/apache2/lib except
libapr.so.0 and libaprutil.so.0.  These files were indeed created during the
install with the exception of the ones mentioned.

I probably have libapr.so.0 and libaprutil.so.0 because of SuSE's rpm
installation.

Hope this helps,
Anthony