Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jantje <ja...@skynet.be> on 2008/08/26 02:39:49 UTC

Generating(?) the content of a flowscript

Hi there, I have some flowscript: here I receive information from a form
(form.getChild).

The form definition and template are generated, their content depends on an
object oriented structure. (the application.xml file holds the object
oriented structure)

So each form is different from the previous. (This can be COMPLETELY
different.)

Coming to this, the question is: is it possible in a flowscript to generate
a (form.getChild) -structure, as described in the application.xml file?

Therefore at least, I have to be able to read the application.xlm -file in
this flowscript...

SECOND, everything from (form.getChild) I have to pass to a bean.. PURPOSE:
to store it in a database (db4objects). So maybe it is possible not to get
every value one by one from the form, but passing it as some kind of
array(?) to the bean?

Thanks for your replies

cocoon.load("servlet:forms:/resource/internal/flow/javascript/Form.js");

function registration() {
    var paramCLASS = cocoon.parameters.paramCLASS;
    var form = new Form("cocoon://" + paramCLASS + ".formDefinition.xml");
    form.showForm(paramCLASS + ".registration-display-pipeline");
    var viewData = { "username" : form.getChild("name").getValue() }
//HERE EVERY VALUE FROM THE FORM HAS TO GO TO THE DATABASE
    cocoon.sendPage("registration-success-pipeline", viewData);
}