Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/03 21:03:25 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1004003 - /subversion/site/publish/index.html

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 13:12,  <st...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: stsp
> Date: Sun Oct  3 17:12:19 2010
> New Revision: 1004003

> Log:
> * site/publish/index.html: Fix 1.6.13 release date, here, too.
>   (Why are news items maintained in two separate places?)

The intent is for index.html to have just two or three recent items,
and news.html to be the full archive.

Cheers,
-g

Re: svn commit: r1004003 - /subversion/site/publish/index.html

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If we provided an RSS feed for our news items, which would be a good
> idea but yet more work, than we could use something like this to
> easily pull the most recent news items into the homepage:
>
> http://feed2js.org/
>
> Maybe we could just make a handcrafted RSS feed for our news items,
> and then use this JavaScript to populate both the home page and the
> news page?  Then we would only have a single news source to maintain,
> the RSS feed.

Actually an RSS feed that did not have items to link to would be kind
of pointless.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: svn commit: r1004003 - /subversion/site/publish/index.html

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 03, 2010 at 05:03:25PM -0400, Greg Stein wrote:
>> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 13:12,  <st...@apache.org> wrote:
>> > Author: stsp
>> > Date: Sun Oct  3 17:12:19 2010
>> > New Revision: 1004003

>> > Log:
>> > * site/publish/index.html: Fix 1.6.13 release date, here, too.
>> >   (Why are news items maintained in two separate places?)
>>
>> The intent is for index.html to have just two or three recent items,
>> and news.html to be the full archive.
>
> And there's no html foo that can automate this for us?
> But, well, it's not a big deal.

If we provided an RSS feed for our news items, which would be a good
idea but yet more work, than we could use something like this to
easily pull the most recent news items into the homepage:

http://feed2js.org/

Maybe we could just make a handcrafted RSS feed for our news items,
and then use this JavaScript to populate both the home page and the
news page?  Then we would only have a single news source to maintain,
the RSS feed.

Just a thought.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: svn commit: r1004003 - /subversion/site/publish/index.html

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.