Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/08 23:50:02 UTC

update on site issues

I've made some progress with building the site.  I've managed to get
maven (2.0.6-snapshot) to build the web site successfully on my local
machine with the exception of the front page, which appears to be
failing due to the following error:

Caused by: org.apache.maven.doxia.macro.manager.MacroNotFoundException:
Cannot find macro with id = null

I'm hoping to look further into that today or tomorrow if i have time.
 I haven't tried deploying the site yet.

In the meantime, i've also noticed that there are a number of folders
in /www/velocity.apache.org/ that do not have velocity group
permissions, so i can't do anything with them.  These are the engine/,
tools/, and dvsl/ folders.  This means i can't add the documentation
for the Tools 1.3 release or the devel/ documentation in their current
location unless Henning checks this and changes the group perms or
someone else with sufficient karma changes them.

Anyone out there got that karma? Geir?  Or does anyone know who i
should talk to?  I'm guessing the infrastructure people, but i thought
i'd ask here first.

The other option would be to change all those locations, but i'd
rather not if it can be helped.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 3/5/07, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de> wrote:
> "Nathan Bubna" <nb...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >Anyone out there got that karma? Geir?  Or does anyone know who i
> >should talk to?  I'm guessing the infrastructure people, but i thought
> >i'd ask here first.
>
> Hm. Are you not in Jakarta? You should have been able to simply chgrp
> the directories as you are a member of the velocity (definitely) and
> jakarta (probably) groups. Did you try and it did not work?

I'm pretty sure i'm in both.  I did try, and it didn't work.  It's
been a while, but IIRC, the group perms weren't set to jakarta or
velocity.  Anyway, it's fixed now.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Sorry - forgot the smiley :)

geir

Re: update on site issues

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the nudge.  I'm actually doing a bit better with time at
the moment.  I'll set up a branch and call for a vote later today.

WILL

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Nice.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
Hmm. Not sure.  I haven't got time to tackle this further today.  I'll
try again monday and take a look at those.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.

Re: update on site issues

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.