Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kirk Lund <ap...@the9muses.net> on 2004/08/06 19:58:07 UTC

[Modeler] objectReference to ObjectReference

I'd like to propose the following change to
org.apache.commons.modeler.ManagedBean...

We are using MX4J with Modeler and decided to use instances of
javax.management.modelmbean.RequiredModelMBean instead of
org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.

MX4J's implementation enforces the use of "ObjectReference" as it's only
supported managed resource type.  This enforcement includes the case of the
string.  Modeler's ManagedBean uses "objectReference" (line 391), and so
MX4J's RequiredModelMBean rejects it, throwing an Exception.

Page 88 of the JMX spec specifies "ObjectReference" as the proper case to
be used.  Should I send an email to this group with the changed
ManagedBean.java attached?

Modeler doesn't seem very active at present.  I'd also like to sweep
through the src code, adding in javadocs, formatting changes, and general
cleanup.  Unless someone else is already doing this?  If not, then should I
attach the code to emails I send to this list or directly to a
committer?  Sorry for all the questions but I'm not sure how everyone
involved would prefer this, esp. since "jakarta-commons" spans so many
sub-projects.

Kirk Lund
GemStone Systems, Inc.