Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/03 12:43:00 UTC

Re: jetty:run - ignore changes to classfiles

+1 - I also really want to be able to do this. The hot code replace causes
jetty to restart so much I get jetty eventually throwing errors, so when
ever i make more than half a dozen changes i have to restart maven from
scratch. Surely not everyone out there is enduring jetty restarting every 3
seconds???

Posted by Antony Stubbs <an...@gmail.com>.
I've tried playing with the jetty configuration but can't get it to work.
Does anyone else have any ideas?
[code]
<plugin>
	<groupId>org.mortbay.jetty</groupId>
	<artifactId>maven-jetty-plugin</artifactId>
	<configuration>
		<webAppSourceDirectory>
			WebContent
		</webAppSourceDirectory>
		<scanIntervalSeconds>10</scanIntervalSeconds>
		<scanTargetPatterns>
			<scanTargetPattern>
				<directory>WebContent</directory>
				<includes>
					<include>**/*.xml</include>
					<include>**/*.properties</include>
				</includes>				<excludes>
					<exclude>**/*.class</exclude>
					<exclude>**/*.java</exclude>
					<exclude>target/classes/**</exclude>
				</excludes>
			</scanTargetPattern>
		</scanTargetPatterns>
	</configuration>
</plugin>
[/code]

The Jetty documentation talks about jetty:run-exploded not monitoring class
files, only some resource files, but that's not really what we're after.

This might help:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTY/Which+files+are+scanned+by+the+Jetty+Maven+Plugin
and
http://jetty.mortbay.com/maven-plugin/