Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org> on 2001/07/12 15:04:23 UTC

Ant problem - build.xml file does not exist

Hi all i have just downloaded a exampl from netbeans of a sample
build.xml Thus i have installed in the ant's dir at the same level as
bin,doc,&lib is this correct as when i run the ms- dos prompt
C:>C:\ant\bin\ant.bat -find
I recieve a responce stating  build.xml does not exist.
Any Suggestions Chuck

--
The views expressed by the sender of this message don't
necessarily represent those of Brecon Beacons National Park

Re: Ant(bash) problem - build.xml file does not exist

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hey wats the bash command as no joy with{  $ cd :c }
Cheers Chuck

Struts and Orion 1.5.2

Posted by Nicky Eshkenazi <es...@michaels.com>.
Hey you all,

I am trying to run the example that comes with Struts in the process of my
evaluation and I am getting the following error:

500 Internal Server Error
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key index.title
 at
org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:242)
 at /index.jsp._jspService(/index.jsp.java:52) (JSP page line 8)
 at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ah._rad(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._abe(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._uec(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._twc(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._gc(Unknown Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._if.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas about what could be wrong.

I have looked at the configuration files and everything seems to be
according to the documentation.

thanks,
Nicky

Nested classes

Posted by Gregor Rayman <gr...@gmx.net>.
Hi all,

I am using an ActionForm with a collection of Rows which should be
editable.

My ActionForm contains a property getRow(int i) which returns a bean
with the row's properties.

Everything work perfectly, when the class returned from getRow(int) is
a standalone class. But as soon as I make this class a nested class
of my ActionForm, struts complains, if cannot find property setters:

This works:

public class MyForm ... {
    public MyRow getRow(int i) {
        ...;
    }
}

public class MyRow {
    public setProperty(String value) {
        ...;
    }
}

This does not: (cannot find property setter for row[0].property)

public class MyForm ... {
    public MyRow getRow(int i) {
        ...;
    }

public static class MyRow {
    public setProperty(String value) {
        ...;
    }
}

I'd really like to use nested classes. Is there a way?

--
gR

Re: Ant problem - build.xml file does not exist

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
Hi all im back , I have got a response from ms-dos prompt , albiet when i enter
C:\ant\bin\ant.bat -find
 i recieve a searching for a build.xml ... could not locate a build file but the
fact of the matter is that i have downloaded a sample and located it within the
ant\bin dir .Nevertheless it still can't find it.

My class path is as follows- the name of my dir is C:\ant

set ANT_HOME=C:\ant
set classpath=%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar
set PATH=%PATH%;%ANT_HOME%\bin\ant.bat
set JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.3

Thus i have a build.xml sample with content at C:\ant\bin\build.xml

Posted by Chuck Amadi <ch...@breconbeacons.org>.
I also have cygwin so i'll try that later once i have sorted ms-dos first
Cheers Chuck

Posted by "kuma.cra" <ku...@ntlworld.com>.

Posted by Peter Alfors <pe...@irista.com>.

Posted by "kuma.cra" <ku...@ntlworld.com>.
Cheers 4 the mail , I have downloaded a sample build.xml and i
transfered it to the ant dir albeit dos still don't pick it up .I have
tried the -find and the -buildfile option to no avail.

Thus any other ideas.

Thus my dir of ant is C:\ant
The Build file is in ant alongside doc,lib & bin so why can't dos prompt
locate it. very confusing.

Mail me with any suggestions Cheers 4 now.

Re: Ant problem - build.xml file does not exist

Posted by Calvin Yu <cy...@yahoo.com>.
Ok, this means that your ant installation is correct, but the directory in which your dos-prompt is in doesn't have a build.xml file.  'cd' into a directory with a build.xml and (making sure ant.bat is in your path) run ant again.

Calvin