Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chia-Chun Shih <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/21 06:25:53 UTC

SolrCloud can't correctly create collection after zookeeper ensemble recovery

Hi all,

This is my test procedure:

1. start a Zookeeper ensemble and a SolrCloud node
2. stop Zookeeper ensemble
3. start Zookeeper ensemble
4. fail to create a collection (with 1 shard and 1 replica) because of
timeout
5. restart the SolrCloud node
6. fail to create a collection with the same name in step 4 because the
collection already exists. But the collection doesn't assign to any
SolrCloud node.

I am using Solr 4.6.1 and Zookeeper 3.4.5

Thanks,
Chia-Chun

Re: SolrCloud can't correctly create collection after zookeeper ensemble recovery

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think this is a regression. There was code that removed the state from zk for a core that could not be created. There was a bug in that, in that you only want to do that for new cores and not existing cores (think cores that existed on startup).

Someone commented out that code while working on an unrelated issue I think. But that was not the correct fix (though its better than the previous dangerous behavior) - it really just needs to be more selective.

Can you file a JIRA issue?

- Mark

http://about.me/markrmiller