Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/09/16 01:27:03 UTC

Using Abdera with Java 1.4

Hi

Unfortunately I cannot use Java 1.5 within my environment and would like
to use Abdera with Java 1.4, but how do I code

Document<Entry> doc = Parser.INSTANCE.parse(in, uri);

with Java 1.4 (because AFAIK annotations are a 1.5 feature) such that I can make use of the entry methods?

Any pointer or help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: Using Abdera with Java 1.4

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Garrett Rooney wrote:

> On 9/16/06, Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
>
>> James M Snell wrote:
>>
>> >This should do it.
>> >
>> >  Document doc = Parser.INSTANCE.parse(in, uri);
>> >  Entry entry = (Entry)doc.getRoot();
>> >

>> thanks very much, that seems to work. I think it would be nice
>> to add this to the docu. Shall I send a patch for the docu?
>

> I think a "So how do I use this without all the generics" section
> would be quite nice to have in the docs, and I'd be happy to review
> any such patches.

ok, will try to draft something.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner
+41 44 272 91 61

Re: Using Abdera with Java 1.4

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Re: Using Abdera with Java 1.4

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Re: Using Abdera with Java 1.4

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
This should do it.

  Document doc = Parser.INSTANCE.parse(in, uri);
  Entry entry = (Entry)doc.getRoot();

- James