Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gregg Bolinger <gd...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/05 01:56:46 UTC

[Assembly] Creating Source Archive

I'm using the Assembly plugin 2.2-beta-1 (because beta-2 is doubling all
the dependency JARs) and am trying to create an archive that contains
the source code of all my modules.  This is the assembly file I am using:

<assembly>
  <id>src</id>
  <formats>
    <format>tar.gz</format>
  </formats>
  <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
  <moduleSets>
    <moduleSet>
      <includes>
        <include>com.qagen.osfe:osfe-common</include>
        <include>com.qagen.osfe:osfe-core</include>
        <include>com.qagen.osfe:osfe-dataAccess</include>
        <include>com.qagen.osfe:osfe-engine</include>
        <include>com.qagen.osfe:osfe-examples</include>
      </includes>
      <sources>
        <outputDirectory>src</outputDirectory>
      </sources>
    </moduleSet>
  </moduleSets>
</assembly>

The problem is that I am getting the following structure for each module
in the archive:

main
---java
---test
src
---main
------java
------test
test
---com
------bla

According to the documentation it shouldn't be doing this.  BTW, I did
try with beta-2 just to see and it is doing the same thing.  Any help is
appreciated.  Thanks.

Gregg

Re: [Assembly] Creating Source Archive

Posted by Gregg Bolinger <gd...@gmail.com>.
This is the docco I Am referencing:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/multimodule/module-source-inclusion-simple.html

I expect exactly whey they state but I am getting the results I stated
in my first email.  I have been running mvn clean.... for every run to
make sure I don't have artifacts laying about.  I'd file a bug but first
I'd like to know if what I Am experiencing is a bug or if it is me doing
something stupid.

Thanks.

Gregg

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.