Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 09:57:46 UTC

Fwd: Graceful shutdown of TNonBlockingServer

What's the mechanism to shutdown a TNonBlockingServer gracefully in thrift.
stop() method doesn't seem to be implemented in 0.4 thrift. Found a JIRA
with incomplete fix -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-149?focusedCommentId=13223159#comment-13223159
.

As a side effect of this we see that on shutdown certain messages are
recieved and not acknowledged.

Any help/pointers are highly appreciated.

- Inder

Re: Graceful shutdown of TNonBlockingServer

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.
Bryan,

c++ TNonBlockingServer upto version 0.70.
Also any workarounds would be helpful.

- inder

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com> wrote:

> c++
>
> - inder
>

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:
>
>> What language are you working in? Java has graceful shutdown on most
>> servers now in more recent Thrift versions.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > What's the mechanism to shutdown a TNonBlockingServer gracefully in
>> thrift.
>> > stop() method doesn't seem to be implemented in 0.4 thrift. Found a JIRA
>> > with incomplete fix -
>> >

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-149?focusedCommentId=13223159#comment-13223159
>> > .
>> >
>> > As a side effect of this we see that on shutdown certain messages are
>> > recieved and not acknowledged.
>> >
>> > Any help/pointers are highly appreciated.
>> >
>> > - Inder

> - Inder
>   Tech Platforms @Inmobi
>   Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Graceful shutdown of TNonBlockingServer

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.
c++

- inder

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com> wrote:

> What language are you working in? Java has graceful shutdown on most
> servers now in more recent Thrift versions.
>
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 12:57 AM, Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What's the mechanism to shutdown a TNonBlockingServer gracefully in
> thrift.
> > stop() method doesn't seem to be implemented in 0.4 thrift. Found a JIRA
> > with incomplete fix -
> >

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT-149?focusedCommentId=13223159#comment-13223159
> > .
> >
> > As a side effect of this we see that on shutdown certain messages are
> > recieved and not acknowledged.
> >
> > Any help/pointers are highly appreciated.
> >
> > - Inder

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Graceful shutdown of TNonBlockingServer

Posted by Bryan Duxbury <br...@rapleaf.com>.