Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2008/12/01 16:12:14 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] =?UTF-8?B?RmlsZSB1cGxvYWQgdG8gQXBhY2hlIHNlcnZlciAoUE9TVCk= ?=

Hi.

First I think you need to fix your email program, because it is giving
some really bizarre stuff in the subject of your emails.

Second, I would recommend that you get some basic training about what
the HTTP protocol is and does.
This list is a support list for the Apache httpd server, and people here
try to accomodate even ultra-beginners with Apache/httpd.  But it looks
like you are not even quite sure about the very basics of the HTTP
protocol in general, and I believe that it is not really the purpose of
this list to provide such education.

To give you an idea :
When you are typing "POST" on the command-line, I guess that what you
are really running, is the POST program that comes with perl, which by
coincidence is also installed on your system. In any case, it is not a
program delivered with Apache.
Also, a HTTP POST request indicates, not that you want to load a file to
the Apache server (that would be a PUT request), but that you are
sending the content of a form to the server, expecting something on the
server side to process that.  But there is nothing in a standard Apache
installation that does process that, you have to write or install that
separately.
It is the same for the DELETE method.  It is supported by Apache (being
part of the HTTP protocol), but you also need something on the server
side to handle it.

This looks like it might be a good place to start :
http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/http/