Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ravi <ra...@htinc.com> on 2004/12/06 22:16:30 UTC

Index delete failing

 Hi
 We need to delete a lucene index from our application using
java.io.file.delete(). We are closing the indexWriter and even all the
index searchers on that folder. But a call to delete returns false.
There is no lock on the index directory. Interesting thing is that the
deletable and segments files are getting removed. But the rest of the
.cfs are not. Has somebody had similar problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ravi.

Re: Index delete failing

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
This smells like a Windows issue.  It is possible that something in
your JVM is still holding onto the index directory (for example,
FSDirectory), and Winblows is not letting you remove the directory.  I
bet this will work if you exit the JVM and run java.io.file.delete()
without calling Lucene.  Sorry, my Windows + Lucene experience is
limited.

Otis