Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Hyoungjun Kim <hj...@apache.org> on 2015/10/28 17:10:59 UTC

Readonly Zeppelin server.

Hi All,

I use Zeppelin to analyze our service log data. Usually developer or team
uses Zeppelin but sometime planning team or other team want to see the
result of the analysis.
So I am trying to share some notebooks with other teams but not developer.
Currently Zeppelin doesn't support the access control feature. I think it
will take long time to implement that feature.
If I open Zeppelin web page to others, anyone can change a notebook and
execute it. To prevent modify notebook, I made a readonly Zeppelin version.
With this version, if you set 'zeppelin.server.readonly' property, the
following features are disabled in Zeppelin web page.

 - Interpreter setting.
 - Create new notebook.
 - Change notebook name.
 - Show/Hide the code.
 - Show/Hide the output.
 - Remove the notebook.
 - Clone the notebook.
 - Run scheduler.
 - Set each paragraph.
 - Edit paragraph.
 - Edit paragraph title.

You can download this version with the following link:
    https://github.com/babokim/incubator-zeppelin/tree/readonly

I don't know Zeppelin community wants this feature. If the community wants
this feature, I will request merge. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Hyoungjun Kim.

Re: Readonly Zeppelin server.