Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jeff LI <un...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/20 17:13:58 UTC

Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job

Hello,

Is there a way to obtain the information of each individual task of a
map-reduce job, including start time, end time, which task tracker runs
this task and so on?

I know this information can be found through the web interface running on
the jobtracter.  But is it possible to redirect the information to a nicely
formatted log file for each job?

By the way, I'm running hadoop 0.20.2-cdh3u5.

Thanks advance for the help.

Cheers

Jeff

Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Most of this information is already available in the JobHistory files. And there are parsers to read from these files.

HTH
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jeff,

Yes, we expose some information for each task completion event..

For Old API, use RunningJob, specifically:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/RunningJob.html#getTaskCompletionEvents(int)

For New API, use Job, specifically:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/mapreduce/Job.html#getTaskCompletionEvents(int)

--
Harsh J

Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jeff,

--
Harsh J

Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jeff,

--
Harsh J

Re: Start time, end time, and task tracker of individual tasks of a job

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Jeff,

--
Harsh J