Posted to community@apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/07 07:45:27 UTC

Apache-Extras.org?

Hi,

Apache-Extras.org - there is no marketing for this, nobody speaks
about it in general and a nasty bug is still there:
http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=4894

Is it already dead?

This would be sad. So what are the next steps here? Personally I would
like to see this bug above solved and a notification to the Apache
people maybe. Or something else. But if it stays like this, its not
really helpful and it would have been better to stay at standard
google code.

Comments?
Christian

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Also, what about all the non-TLP names that were supposed to be reserved?

I don't know if it is just that search does not work properly, but for
example I cannot find BCEL, BSF or JMeter.

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
On 7 Mar 2011, at 07:22, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apache-Extras.org - there is no marketing for this, nobody speaks
>
> I have seen several projects being created, but maybe there is not a
> lot of marketing around this... having said that, I'd expect more from
> the projects/community to advertise the usage of Apache Extras.org

I don't agree that there is no marketing. People are mentioning it on their lists when appropriate. The question is, should we do more?

I don't think we care about general marketing outside the ASF. This site is for projects genuinely related to existing ASF projects, so marketing within our projects is enough.

Remember we never intended to do more with this than react to problems.

On the other hand I agree we can do more internally. Patches welcome.

>> about it in general and a nasty bug is still there:
>> http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=4894
>>

> I'll take another look into this and drive the resolution of it.

Whilst you are at it I'm keen to get access to the admin retires we were promised. I'm not keen to promote this without having the tools to manage it.

Thanks,
Ross

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
A bit late, but thanks for the help.
It now works very well. I even didn't have to move the svn location myself.

Cheers
christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache-Extras.org?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
<gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apache-Extras.org - there is no marketing for this, nobody speaks

I have seen several projects being created, but maybe there is not a
lot of marketing around this... having said that, I'd expect more from
the projects/community to advertise the usage of Apache Extras.org

> about it in general and a nasty bug is still there:
> http://code.google.com/p/support/issues/detail?id=4894

I'll take another look into this and drive the resolution of it.

> Is it already dead?

Off course not !