Posted to cvs@incubator.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2016/05/03 19:44:24 UTC

[Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2016" by DragoshPamela

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Incubator Wiki" for change notification.

The "April2016" page has been changed by DragoshPamela:
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2016?action=diff&rev1=98&rev2=99

Comment:
Added OpenAZ Podling status

  Mnemonic
  Mynewt
  ODF Toolkit
+ OpenAz
  Quarks
  Ranger
  Rya
@@ -1452, +1453 @@

      deciding on what to do with the podling (staying in the incubator for
      ever isn't an option!)

+ -------
+
+ OpenAz
+
+ OpenAz is a project to create tools and libraries to enable the
+ development of Attribute-based Access Control (ABAC) Systems in a
+ variety of languages. In general the work is at least consistent with
+ or actually conforming to the OASIS XACML Standard.
+
+ OpenAZ has been incubating since 01-2015.
+
+
+ Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
+
+ 1. Increasing community involvement: We are focusing on getting information
+ published on the website to aid the acquisition and orientation of new
+ contributors,
+ as well increasing the number of committers, in order to reduce individual
+ member
+ workload, reduce reliance on any particular member, and to increase project
+ velocity.
+
+ 2. Merging the source code from AT&T, JP Morgan and Oracle and creating
+ POM¹s. AT&T and JP Morgan source code has been merged and POM¹s created,
+ it needs uploading into the Apache repository.
+
+ 3. Get our first release done.
+
+ Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be
+ aware of?
+
+   There have been multiple slowdowns and votes toward retiring the project.
+   Though we have a small team and there has been less than ideal community
+   involvement, we have recently increased the number of active members and
+   are directing focused efforts towards increasing community involvement.
+
+ How has the community developed since the last report?
+
+   There was talk of retiring, but a group of folks have stepped up and
+ expressed interest in helping OpenAZ get off the ground. We are working on
+ getting those interested folks voted as committers and getting the website
+ running.
+
+ How has the project developed since the last report?
+
+   We have merged in a port of the administrative portion of AT&T's
+ contributed code, which was the last remaining piece of that code base.  More work
+ needs to be done on this front such as PMD work and verifying it does run.
+
+   We have also merged a fix for configuration and policy files, which
+ updated class names and removed duplicate xml declarations from policy files.
+
+ Date of last release:
+
+   N/A
+
+ When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
+
+ In the process of voting new committers, notably David Ash.
+
+ We have several interested folks in working on the project:
+
+ Yannick Grignon
+ Farasath  Ahamed
+ Inge Olaisen