Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Viral Parikh <Vi...@match.com> on 2014/11/26 00:27:56 UTC

Clusters developed using Mahout 0.8 version, can I use clusterdump from Mahout 0.9 version?

To Whomsoever It May Concern -

I have kmeans clusters from Mahout 0.8 version. Since then we have upgraded our Hadoop stack and also Mahout to 0.9 version.

But I wanted to clusterdump the clusters we created using 0.8 version. When I use clusterdump in 0.9 version, I get an error -

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.mahout.clustering.classify.WeightedVectorWritable cannot be cast to org.apache.mahout.clustering.classify.WeightedPropertyVectorWritable

In 0.9 Apache Mahout Release Notes below, I see that the ClusteredPoints should be weightpropertyvectorwritable and not weightedvectorwritable.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mahout/trunk/CHANGELOG?view=markup&pathrev=1563661

What should I do in this case? I still want the clusterdump of my previous clusters developed from 0.8 version.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you,

Re: Clusters developed using Mahout 0.8 version, can I use clusterdump from Mahout 0.9 version?

Posted by Donni Khan <pr...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
You can use WeightedVectorWritable(Version 0.8)  instead of
WeightedPropertyVectorWritable(Version .9).

Donni