Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Teemu Hiltunen <te...@uta.fi> on 2001/03/22 12:36:26 UTC

Schedule service gives ClassNotFoundException

Greetings!

Trying to get the Turbine Schedule service working I just keep getting
java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptions:

****
Requested ScheduledJob not found: com.mycompany.modules.MyTask
Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
[com.mycompany.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]
****

I have in my project's TurbineResources.properties:
module.packages=com.mycompany.modules

I have made MyTask.java (extends
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScheduledJob) in package
com.mycompany.modules.

In my opinion I have made everything as it says in services document in
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/services.html. I can add my task into
ScheduleService but it seems that all the services stays there even when
I shut down and restart Catalina.

Could someone please point me to right direction from here?

Teemu Hiltunen

Re: Schedule service gives ClassNotFoundException

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
Teemu Hiltunen wrote:

> Trying to get the Turbine Schedule service working I just keep getting
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundExceptions:
>
> ****
> Requested ScheduledJob not found: com.mycompany.modules.MyTask
> Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
> [com.mycompany.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules]
> ****
>
> I have in my project's TurbineResources.properties:
> module.packages=com.mycompany.modules
>
> I have made MyTask.java (extends
> org.apache.turbine.modules.ScheduledJob) in package
> com.mycompany.modules.
>
> In my opinion I have made everything as it says in services document in
> http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/services.html. I can add my task into
> ScheduleService but it seems that all the services stays there even when
> I shut down and restart Catalina.
>
> Could someone please point me to right direction from here?

Ran into this one last week.  In TDK 1.1a11, you'll need to put
MyTask.java into a specific folder and package.  You also have to create
the folder yourself.

folder:
WEB-INF/src/java/com/mycompany/modules/scheduledjobs

package:
com.mycompany.modules.scheduledjobs

It makes sense, in the context of actions and screens.

Hope that helps.
-Eric