Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by James Cummings <Ja...@uea.ac.uk> on 2003/07/01 17:45:21 UTC

Unable to get transformer handler...

Hiya,

I'm really new to cocoon so am probably doing something completely
wrong.  But using cocoon 2.1m3-dev, I want to grab a particular
elment by id() from an xml file in the first step of a pipeline,
and convert the result to html in the second step. In each
instance I want the parameters in the URI available to the xslt.

The transformation works perfectly fine on the command line
(with saxon), but I keep getting "Unable to get transformer handler
for style/xsl/repos2rdg.xsl" as an error (with "Eception in creating Tranform
Handler").

Looking through possible bugs, I should say that the xsl is fairly straight
forward and does not use <xsl:applyimports> or <xsl:include> or anything
referencing another document except the xml file's dtd (which provides
necessary entities and such). I've tried specifying type="xslt" in the
<map:transform> since (I believe?) this makes it use Xalan?  But to no
avail.

My sitemap.xmap in the context contains:

<map:match pattern="antiphons.xml">
   <map:generate src="content/repository.xml"/>
   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/xsl/repos2rdg.xsl">
   </map:transform>
   <map:transform type="xslt" src="style/xsl/rdg2html.xsl">
   </map:transform>
   <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

I'm sure I'm probably going about it completely wrong or something,
but this is basically the first time I'm trying to get cocoon to do
something in two steps instead of one. ;-)  It is probably something
really simple.

Any suggestions (on and/or off-list -- I get it via digest)?

-James
--
Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings@uea.ac.uk, http://www.uea.ac.uk/~q503
Cursus Project, School of Music, University of East Anglia,

Re: Unable to get transformer handler...

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello James,

James Cummings wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I'm really new to cocoon so am probably doing something completely
> wrong.  But using cocoon 2.1m3-dev, I want to grab a particular
> elment by id() from an xml file in the first step of a pipeline,
> and convert the result to html in the second step. In each
> instance I want the parameters in the URI available to the xslt.
>
> The transformation works perfectly fine on the command line
> (with saxon), but I keep getting "Unable to get transformer handler
> for style/xsl/repos2rdg.xsl" as an error (with "Eception in creating Tranform
> Handler").

it's the XSLTC error message.

> Looking through possible bugs, I should say that the xsl is fairly straight
> forward and does not use <xsl:applyimports> or <xsl:include> or anything
> referencing another document except the xml file's dtd (which provides
> necessary entities and such). I've tried specifying type="xslt" in the
> <map:transform> since (I believe?) this makes it use Xalan?  But to no
> avail.

type="xslt" is the default, so XSLTC. Try type="xalan".

(xslt => xalan, xsltc => xsltc is true for Cocon 2.0.x)

Joerg