Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Raymond Honderdors <Ra...@sizmek.com> on 2016/04/24 15:50:57 UTC

Spark 2.0 vs 1.6.1 Query Time using Thrift server

Hi,

I run a query using JDBC driver running it on version 1.6.1 it return after 5 - 6 min , the same query against version 2.0 fails after 2h (due to timeout)
Both versions run on the same hardware/configuration and data source

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also I noticed that the thrift server on version had a change in commands.scala in spark-sql-2.11/execution/command

[cid:image001.png@01D19E48.9F15B950]

The external tool Microstrategy can see tables only with the reinserted code compiling spark version 2.0, it looks like a bug

Raymond Honderdors
Team Lead Analytics BI
Business Intelligence Developer
raymond.honderdors@sizmek.com<ma...@sizmek.com>
T +972.7325.3569
Herzliya

[Read More]<http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/sizmek-blog/~6/1>

[http://www.sizmek.com/Sizmek.png]<http://www.sizmek.com/>

Re: Spark 2.0 vs 1.6.1 Query Time using Thrift server

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Spark 2.0 changes very fast.

The ShowTablesCommand is now in:
sql/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/execution/command/tables.scala

Consider opening a PR for the change shown below.

For the query run, can you share some of your code ?
Please pastebin related portion from Thrift server log.

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Spark 2.0 changes very fast.