Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Apekshit Sharma <ap...@apache.org> on 2016/10/31 23:31:29 UTC

Update apache cli version from 1.2 to 1.3.1?

1.3 came out in 2015,  6 years  after 1.2. It was few bug fixes and new
features.

These are few good/important ones:
- HelpFormatter now prints command-line options in the same order as they
have been added. Fixes CLI-212.
- Standard help text now shows mandatory arguments also for the first
option. Fixes CLI-186.
- A new parser is available: DefaultParser. It combines the features of the
GnuParser and the PosixParser. It also provides additional features like
partial matching for the long options, and long options without separator
(i.e like the JVM memory settings: -Xmx512m). This new parser deprecates
the previous ones. Fixes CLI-161,CLI-167,CLI-181.

For full list of changes:
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-cli/changes-report.html#a1.3

If there are no objections, i'll update it in few days.

Regards,
-- Appy

Re: Update apache cli version from 1.2 to 1.3.1?

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Sounds good to me then.

--
busbey

Re: Update apache cli version from 1.2 to 1.3.1?

Posted by Apekshit Sharma <ap...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.