Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Thomas Arend <ml...@arend-whv.info> on 2004/12/22 12:37:53 UTC

spam with (rolex) watches gets trough

Hello,

I'm geting a lot of spam messages about rolex watches (see example below),
which were not scored as spam. Only the bayes test applies, which gives only
a score of 4.1

Thomas

Example Message:

From: "Tricia W. Cochran" <co...@selle.no>
To: thomas@t-arend.de
Subject: Order Rolex or other Swiss watches online
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 08:00:36 +0100

Heya,

Do you want a rolex watch?

In our online store you can buy replicas of Rolex watches. They look
and feel exactly like the real thing.

- - We have 20+ different brands in our selection
- - Free shipping if you order 5 or more
- - Save up to 40% compared to the cost of other replicas
- - Standard Features:
 - Screw-in crown
 - Unidirectional turning bezel where appropriate
 - All the appropriate rolex logos, on crown and dial
 - Heavy weight

Visit us: http://mecei.com/rep/rolex/

Best regards,
Hilton Jones

No thanks: http://www.mecei.com/z.php

- --
icq:133073900
aim:tawhv

Re: {Spam?} spam with (rolex) watches gets trough

Posted by Thomas Arend <ml...@arend-whv.info>.

Re: {Spam?} spam with (rolex) watches gets trough

Posted by Jim Barry <ji...@jbarry.net>.
On Wed, December 22, 2004 6:42 am, Martin Hepworth said:
> also have you got the URI rbl's turned on? This helps quite alot for this
> sort of spam.

Indeed.

That forwarded message ended up tagged as spam the URI checks are what
caught it... even the AWL wasn't enough to save it. :)

SpamAssassin (score=5.826, required 5,
     AWL -8.43, BAYES_50 0.40, RAZOR2_CF_RANGE_51_100 1.75,
     RAZOR2_CHECK 1.75, URIBL_AB_SURBL 0.42, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21,
     URIBL_SBL 1.00, URIBL_SC_SURBL 4.26, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46)

Re: {Spam?} spam with (rolex) watches gets trough

Posted by Martin Hepworth <ma...@solid-state-logic.com>.
Thomas

what extra rules above the standard SA ones have you got? Any from
www.rulesemporium.com ?

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Thomas Arend wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm geting a lot of spam messages about rolex watches (see example below),
> which were not scored as spam. Only the bayes test applies, which gives only
> a score of 4.1
>
> Thomas
>
> Example Message:

the system manager.