Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> on 2014/09/16 21:12:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid 0.30 components

Hi, everyone.  The voting process this time is somewhat different.  Instead
of voting for "Qpid" as a single release, we are voting for each Qpid
source component individually (excluding Proton and Dispatch).

The RC artifacts are here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/

They are signed.  If a given component is approved, the RC bits will be
come the GA bits.

Please indicate your vote for each component below.  If you favor
proceeding to GA with these RC bits, vote +1.  If you have reason to think
a component is not ready for release, vote -1.

 - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid Java (qpid-java-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid Java QMF tools (qpid-java-qmf-tools-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid QMF (qpid-qmf-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid tests (qpid-tests-0.30.tar.gz)

 - Qpid tools (qpid-tools-0.30.tar.gz)

Thanks!
Justin

---
0.30 release page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/0.30+Release

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid 0.30 components

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/19/2014 11:02 AM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On 16 September 2014 20:12, Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>   - Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)
>>

> I'm afraid I will be annoying from here down...sorry :S

On the contrary, we are grateful as ever for your thoroughness Robbie.
Good catch!

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 16 September 2014 20:12, Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.  The voting process this time is somewhat different.  Instead
> of voting for "Qpid" as a single release, we are voting for each Qpid
> source component individually (excluding Proton and Dispatch).
>
> The RC artifacts are here:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/
>
> They are signed.  If a given component is approved, the RC bits will be
> come the GA bits.
>
> Please indicate your vote for each component below.  If you favor
> proceeding to GA with these RC bits, vote +1.  If you have reason to think
> a component is not ready for release, vote -1.
>
>  - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1  - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 16 September 2014 21:12, Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.  The voting process this time is somewhat different.  Instead
> of voting for "Qpid" as a single release, we are voting for each Qpid
> source component individually (excluding Proton and Dispatch).
>
> The RC artifacts are here:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/
>
> They are signed.  If a given component is approved, the RC bits will be
> come the GA bits.
>
> Please indicate your vote for each component below.  If you favor
> proceeding to GA with these RC bits, vote +1.  If you have reason to think
> a component is not ready for release, vote -1.
>
>  - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid Java (qpid-java-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>  - Qpid Java QMF tools (qpid-java-qmf-tools-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>  - Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid QMF (qpid-qmf-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid tests (qpid-tests-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid tools (qpid-tools-0.30.tar.gz)
>
> Thanks!
> Justin

-- Rob

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
I tested a subset, see below.

Testing on Centos 6 x86_64 VM, built and installed, then ran a series of Openstack oslo.messaging tests using the installed components.

> Hi, everyone.  The voting process this time is somewhat different.  Instead
> of voting for "Qpid" as a single release, we are voting for each Qpid
> source component individually (excluding Proton and Dispatch).
>
> The RC artifacts are here:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/
>
> They are signed.  If a given component is approved, the RC bits will be
> come the GA bits.
>
> Please indicate your vote for each component below.  If you favor
> proceeding to GA with these RC bits, vote +1.  If you have reason to think
> a component is not ready for release, vote -1.
>
>  - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)
+1

>  - Qpid Java (qpid-java-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid Java QMF tools (qpid-java-qmf-tools-0.30.tar.gz)
>
>  - Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)
+1

>  - Qpid QMF (qpid-qmf-0.30.tar.gz)
+1

--
-K

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid 0.30 components

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org>.
With respect to only the qpid-python, qpid-qmf, qpid-tests, and qpid-tools
modules, this vote is withdrawn due to important missing files.

This has since been fixed, and a new RC and vote have been raised at this
url:

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-revised-0-30-python-qmf-tests-and-tools-components-td7613887.html

The qpid-cpp, qpid-java, and qpid-java-qmf-tools are unaffected, and your
votes for them remain in effect.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 09/16/2014 08:12 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> Hi, everyone.  The voting process this time is somewhat different.  Instead
> of voting for "Qpid" as a single release, we are voting for each Qpid
> source component individually (excluding Proton and Dispatch).
>
> The RC artifacts are here:
>
>    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/0.30-rc/
>
> They are signed.  If a given component is approved, the RC bits will be
> come the GA bits.
>
> Please indicate your vote for each component below.  If you favor
> proceeding to GA with these RC bits, vote +1.  If you have reason to think
> a component is not ready for release, vote -1.
>
>   - Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>   - Qpid Java (qpid-java-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>   - Qpid Java QMF tools (qpid-java-qmf-tools-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>   - Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

>   - Qpid QMF (qpid-qmf-0.30.tar.gz)

+1

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
+1 -  Qpid C++ (qpid-cpp-0.30.tar.gz)
      Qpid Java (qpid-java-0.30.tar.gz)
      Qpid Java QMF tools (qpid-java-qmf-tools-0.30.tar.gz)
+1 -  Qpid Python (qpid-python-0.30.tar.gz)
+1 -  Qpid QMF (qpid-qmf-0.30.tar.gz)
+1 -  Qpid tests (qpid-tests-0.30.tar.gz)
+1 -  Qpid tools (qpid-tools-0.30.tar.gz)