Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Ajay Gautam <aj...@comcast.net> on 2003/04/03 14:45:26 UTC

Eclipse and Visual source safe

Hello,

At my office, the managers have given us flexibility to use our own IDE.
Unfotunately, they are still stuck with using Visual Source Safe for
source control (Please do not ask why).

I see that Eclipse integrates seemlessly with CVS. Has anyone woked in
eclipse in VSS environment ? Any work arounds ?

I cannot really use the "import feature" because:

1. it seems to *copy* everything from the checked out directory to the
workspace directory. which will break the linkage of the directory with VSS.

2. If I link VSS to the workspace directory, any new files that are
created by other in the team will not be reflected in the workspace,
when I get latest from VSS.

3. Its not a good solution. Its dreadful.

Plese help an eclipse newbie.

Thanks

RE: Eclipse and Visual source safe

Posted by Ilja Preuss <pr...@disy.net>.
> I see that Eclipse integrates seemlessly with CVS. Has anyone
> woked in
> eclipse in VSS environment ? Any work arounds ?

Take a look at
http://eclipse-plugins.2y.net/eclipse/plugins.jsp?category=Team - there
seem to be at least two plugins for SourceSafe.

Good luck!

Ilja

--
++ Business Intelligence: disy Cadenza Web - drei Klicks zum Ergebnis
++ http://www.disy.net/cadenza

     Ilja Preuß                                  preuss@disy.net
     disy Informationssysteme GmbH               http://www.disy.net
     Stephanienstr. 30                           Tel: +49 721 1 600 624
     D-76133 Karlsruhe, Germany                  Fax: +49 721 1 600 605

++ disy: Kosteneinsparungen durch Optimierung Ihrer IuK-Prozesse ++