Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Gordon Dickens <go...@verizon.net> on 2007/10/11 13:53:13 UTC

Remote Debugging configuration

I sent this out to our team... hope this helps

To configure ServiceMix for Debugging deployed services:

1.  At the top of your <servicemix>/bin/servicemix.bat  add the
following line to enable JPDA...
    set SERVICEMIX_DEBUG=yes

Notes:
 the listening port is defaulted to 5005, so if you want to change it
search for "address=5005" it in the file
when you start SMX you should see the message
    "Enabling Java debug options: -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005"

2.  In Eclipse, open the class you want to remote debug (like
FileUnzipper.java) and add breakpoint(s)

3.  from the Debug icon in the toolbar select Open Debug Dialog...

4.  Right click on Remote Java Application  and create a new one

5.  Set the port to match your server listening port (5005)...

6.  Either click on Debug to start debugging immediately or close and
start through normal debug

7.  From the Debug Perspective you should see tons of messages flying
by... when your code is fired off in the server it should stop at your
breakpoints

Hope this helps :)

Gordon Dickens