Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Gl...@ansett.com.au on 2001/04/18 07:06:29 UTC

Some issues with torque

I am new to this stuff so please excuse me if something I say is stupid.

1. The oracle db.props does not seem to map common types like REAL etc.   This
causes the generated sql file to not include a type.
2. The produced oracle mapping chops off the the chacter off the end of the last
field in each table.  Was easily fixed but I am wondering if this is a known
issue.
3.  The torque distribution does not seem to include the com.workingdogs.* which
the generated files seem to depend on.  We found this in the tdk distribution in
the jar file village-1.5.1-dev.jar

Should I be working off the CVS copy instead of the distribution available from
the web site?

Regards,

Glen Stampoultzis

error please notify Ansett Australia immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Ansett Australia.

ABN Ansett Australia Ltd	37 004 209 410
ABN Ansett International Ltd	72 060 622 460

Re: Some issues with torque

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
1.  Feel free to supply patches giving reasonable values for Oracle, or
use FLOAT instead of REAL (same for other similar types).

2.  Are you on windows?  I just fixed a problem where in the mysql
templates, the final ); was being chopped due to no final line ending.
If you find solution, please give patch.

3. From Peer.vm

// Village classes
import com.workingdogs.village.*;

not sure what you are referring to.

It is recommended that you work with a tdk release.

john mcnally