Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org> on 2020/06/02 02:18:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.3.0-incubating RC0

Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for a vote to release Apache TubeMQ(incubating) version
0.3.0-incubating RC0

The Apache TubeMQ community has voted on and approved a proposal to release
Apache TubeMQ(incubating) version 0.3.0-incubating RC0

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

Apache TubeMQ community vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r1ff624f8aebc910e862e57477536ff3eb2aa9b0d376f97a50807c1c5%40%3Cdev.tubemq.apache.org%3E

Vote result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r03e9d5898a8ed0d766e2f6c531d8362f1c393e3d13070b508a3ac480%40%3Cdev.tubemq.apache.org%3E

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tubemq/0.3.0-incubating-RC0

Git tag for the release:
• https://github.com/apache/incubator-tubemq/tree/0.3.0-incubating-RC0

Release notes:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tubemq/blob/0.3.0-incubating-RC0/CHANGES.md

The artifacts signed with PGP key 57EC647A, corresponding to
gxcheng@apache.org, that can be found in keys file:
• https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tubemq/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
On behalf of Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) community

----
Best Regards,
Guangxu

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 from me.

I checked:

- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER-WIP exists
- No need to add apart from what Justin says for LICENSE and NOTICE
- No unexpected binary files
- Checked PGP signatures
- Checked Checksums
- Couldn't compile from source code. I get that error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
com.github.igor-petruk.protobuf:protobuf-maven-plugin:0.6.3:run (default)
on project tubemq-core: Protobuf installation version does not match
Protobuf library version

- Couldn't successfully run rat checks. I get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project tubemq-client: Could not resolve
dependencies for project
org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-client:jar:0.3.0-incubating: Could not find
artifact org.apache.tubemq:tubemq-core:jar:0.3.0-incubating in
berkeleydb-je (https://download.dcache.org/nexus/repository/berkeleydb-je/)

PS 1: Here is the Java version to verify RC:

➜  apache-tubemq-0.3.0-incubating java -version
java version "1.8.0_231"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

PS 2: There is not any information about how to handle protobuf error at
here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-tubemq/blob/0.3.0-incubating-RC0/docs/tubemq_user_guide.md

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Guangxu Cheng <gx...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name.
- Signatures and hashes are fine but please drop the md5 hash it’s not needed
- DISCLAIMER exists (WIP type)
- LICENSE needs more work (see blow)
- NOTICE may need more work (if other ALv2 code is included)
- No unexpected binary files
- all source file have ASF headers
- can't compile from source

I can’t compile from source as I have a newer version of protobuf installed (3.6) and it looks like the build expects 2.5. Perhaps you should consider updating to a newer version?

With your LICENSE I think you have included far too many things. You only need to mention something if it is bundled in the release you don’t have to mention licenses of all dependancies. I can see data tables and jQuery but not much else is bundled in your source release. There's also no need to have multiple copies of the ALv2 license text.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TubeMQ (Incubating) 0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Checked build, signature, NOTICE, DISCLAIMER.

Regards
JB