Posted to users@royale.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt> on 2018/11/17 23:43:56 UTC

How to apply Jewel theme using VS Code

I can run this sample
https://royale.apache.org/customization-through-the-royale-api nice and easy
with VS Code.
However this project was created with Moonshine.
I just grabbed the mxml source code and run on a test project.
The UI it's a basic one.

I saw a html template that probably it's the template to point to the
current css theme, however I don't how to do it with VS Code.

Some reference in asconfig.json ?

Re: How to apply Jewel theme using VS Code

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hugo,

Open for example following project using Moonshine [1].

Right click on the project and choose settings - you should see in build
options additional compiler arguments.

[1]
https://github.com/piotrzarzycki21/TranspiledActionScript/tree/examples/Examples/PureMVCEmployeeAdminMDL

Thanks, Piotr

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Fortunately we have VSCode and Moonshine - I hope support for them will
grow up and allow to continue us with development.

Piotr

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

right, I think as you. I'm not liking IntelliJ so much lately. Seems to be
that now is very bloated and heavy, maybe many things there.
To work with Royale I'm very happy with VS Code.
The only point I'll need to see at some time is what strategy do for a team
working with Royale and Java. So we can develop, debug both codes in the
same session.
So I want some as I have time working with VS Code Java plugin, maven and
tomcat to see the experience.
Other way could be to explore IntelliJ for Java and VS Code foro Royale and
as well see the experience.

What is clear is that right now AS3&MXML extension gives me all I need to
work, code intelligence, debugging, and multiple project organization (libs
and apps), I still didn't try modules, but will do eventually.

For that point is just a matter to continue making it better and better,
maybe creation of Class?, Interfaces? and that kind of things, and keep
improving and making it more and more usable.

Carlos

El jue., 22 nov. 2018 a las 10:46, hferreira (<hf...@solidsoft.pt>)
escribió:

> that path is if using VS Code right?
> > Correct.
>
> I understand.
> I know that people use different approach.
> For me as a "indie developer" build directly from the editor is fine.
> This is the way to do with VS Code and I can confirm that works.
>
> I was used to more emasculated IDE's like IntelliJ however I starting to
> like VS Code.
> Perhaps if one day we have support from IntelliJ I will continue to use VS
> Code :)
> Is faster, cleaner and have the key features of a full IDE (intelisense,
> click to navigate, etc ...).
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: How to apply Jewel theme using VS Code

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Hugo,

that path is if using VS Code right?
Take into account that different people uses different build approaches. In
my case (just maven), only with pom.xml dependencies is fine, although I
use VS Code for code intelligence, and setup asconfig.json just for that in
all Royale projects (libs and app)
thanks

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Hugo,

the project was created with VS Code and AS3 extension
but I work with maven, and use ant to generate a valid SDK each day.
Since I'm not good with ANT I use to left config of projects for others
that use and want commit changes.
As well I don't use VS Code to build, I use Maven to build in VS Code with
CMD+SHIFT+B, so my development is maven oriented always
and others using other ways can contribute other ways to build.