Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com> on 2021/03/08 20:04:20 UTC

[VOTE] Airflow Providers - release prepared 2021-03-08

Hey all,

I have just cut the new wave Airflow Providers packages. This email is
calling a vote on the release,
which will last for 72 hours - which means that it will end on Thu 11 Mar
20:57:45 CET 2021.

This release contains for providers (rc2) that were skipped in the release
from last week due to bugs found/new releases of dependent libraries:

* apache.beam
* apache.druid
* microsoft.azure
* snowflake

Consider this my (binding) +1.

Airflow Providers are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airflow/providers/

*apache-airflow-providers-<PROVIDER>-*-bin.tar.gz* are the binary
 Python "sdist" release - they are also official "sources" for the provider
packages.

*apache_airflow_providers_<PROVIDER>-*.whl are the binary
 Python "wheel" release.

The test procedure for PMC members who would like to test the RC candidates
are described in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/dev/README_RELEASE_PROVIDER_PACKAGES.md#verify-the-release-by-pmc-members

and for Contributors:

https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/master/dev/README_RELEASE_PROVIDER_PACKAGES.md#verify-by-contributors

Public keys are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/KEYS

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but members of the community are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

Please note that the version number excludes the 'rcX' string.
This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release.

Each of the packages contains a link to the detailed changelog. The
changelogs are moved to the official airflow documentation:

https://github.com/apache/airflow-site/tree/add-documentation-2021-03-08

Note the links to documentation from PyPI packages are not working until we
merge
the changes to airflow site after releasing the packages officially.

https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-providers-apache-beam/1.0.1rc2/
https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-providers-apache-druid/1.1.0rc2/
https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-providers-microsoft-azure/1.2.0rc2/
https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-providers-snowflake/1.1.1rc2/

Cheers,
J.

--
+48 660 796 129

Re: [VOTE] Airflow Providers - release prepared 2021-03-08

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) then, thanks for explaining!

Tomek

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.