Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by lello <rb...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/27 10:01:12 UTC

ScrollPane corner

Hi,
is it possible to add a button at the upper right corner of a scrollapane
(in which I have a table)? I want to
have the possibility to select the columns to be displayed in the table,
using a ListButton.
I understand that there is a setCorner() method, but when I use it nothing
happens.

Thanks

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by lello <rb...@gmail.com>.
I have set a columnHeader and a rowHeader, still, the corner appear in the
upper left (I mean the left
of someone who is looking at the display) and I cannot change its placement.
Is it possible to let it be dsìisplayed above a scrollbar?

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Sure, you could do that. You'll also want to subclass the skin, which performs the actual layout.

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by lello <rb...@gmail.com>.
Ok,

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
I had forgotten about that. But from the Javadoc, a Corner is a:

    /**
     * Component class representing the components that will get placed in the
     * corners of a <tt>ScrollPane</tt>. Skins will instantiate these
     * components as needed when unfilled corners are introduced by a row
     * header or column header.
     */

In other words, it is an internal class meant to be used by the ScrollPane. I can see how this would be confusing. It should probably be an inner class of ScrollPaneSkin, not ScrollPane.

Re: ScrollPane corner

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
No - sorry if I was not clear about that. The scroll pane corner component always appears in the upper left.

Could you use a column header that right-aligns some content so that it appears in the upper right?

Re: ScrollPane corner

Re: ScrollPane corner

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
The corner component should appear in the upper right corner. However, it may only appear when both a row header and a column header are being used.