Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/19 02:09:54 UTC

Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Hi,

I'd like to log the client ID for every operation performed by the YCSB on
my Cassandra cluster.

The purpose is to identify & analyze various other consistency measures
other than eventual consistency.

I wanted to know if people have done something similar in the past. Or am I
missing something really basic here?

Please let me know if you need more information. Thanks
—
Jatin Ganhotra

Re: Logging client ID for YCSB workloads on Cassandra?

Posted by Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sure. I updated the YCSB code to pass a client ID as input parameter and
then stored the clientID in the properties and used it in the DBWrapper
class for logging per operation
*YCSB/core/src/main/java/com/yahoo/ycsb/DBWrapper.java*

Please let me know if you need more information and I can share my code
samples, if that helps.

—
Jatin Ganhotra
Graduate Student, Computer Science
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
http://jatinganhotra.com
http://linkedin.com/in/jatinganhotra

Posted by Jan <cn...@yahoo.com>.
HI Jatin;
besides enabling Tracing,   is there any other way to get the task done  ?  (to log the client ID for every operation)Please share with the community the solution, so that we could collectively learn from your experience.
cheersJan/

     On Friday, February 20, 2015 12:48 PM, Jatin Ganhotra <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Never mind, got it working.
Thanks :)