Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/21 18:37:06 UTC

Progress bar suppression on OFBiz server tasks

Hello Everyone,

I noticed lately that some users got confused on the progress bar in Gradle
(percent complete) when starting OFBiz from Gradle.

I thought of a quick solution that would simply suppress the progress bar
and colored output if the gradlew command contained the word "ofbiz"
anywhere (including ofbizBackground and ofbizDebug)

The solution on Bash is to add the following to gradlew
if echo $APP_ARGS | grep "ofbiz" > /dev/null; then
    APP_ARGS="--console=plain $APP_ARGS"
fi

And on windows to add the following to gradlew.bat
ECHO.%CMD_LINE_ARGS% | FIND /I "ofbiz">Nul && ( SET
CMD_LINE_ARGS=--console=plain %CMD_LINE_ARGS% )

WDYT? Worth introducing?