Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/22 05:29:27 UTC

Solr real time update

Hi All,

I try to do a 'nearly real time update' to solr.  My solr version is 1.4.1.
I read this solr CommentWithin
<http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CommitWithin>wiki, and a related
thread<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-real-time-update-taking-time-td3472709.html>mostly
on the difficulty to do this.
My issue is I tried the code snippet in the wiki:

UpdateRequest req = new UpdateRequest();
req.add(mySolrInputDocument);
req.setCommitWithin(10000);
req.process(server);

But my index did not get updated, unless I call SOLR_SERVER.commit();
explicitly. The latter call will take more than 1 minute on average to
return.

Can I do a real time update on solr 1.4.1? Would someone help to show a
workable code snippet?

Spark

Re: Solr real time update

Posted by yu shen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information. I will play with it.

Spark

Re: Solr real time update

Posted by Nagendra Nagarajayya <nn...@transaxtions.com>.
Spark: