Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by Ian Carman <ij...@googlemail.com> on 2007/08/17 17:43:08 UTC

Problem specifying a fixed JMS queue as a reply destination

I'm trying to adapt sample 111 so that it uses a known JMS queue to return
the response rather than creating a temporary queue.

If I add a parameter to the end of the proxy definition as follows:

<parameter name="transport.jms.ReplyDestination">
  StockQuoteResponse
</parameter>

It doesn't appear to have an affect on the JMS message sent.

I've also tried to achieve the same thing using a property mediator without
success.

I'd appreciate anyone being able to point out what I'm doing wrong or with
an example that might shed some light.

Thanks.

Ian.

Re: Problem specifying a fixed JMS queue as a reply destination

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Ian

Great... will keep you posted

asankha

Posted by Ian Carman <ij...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Ian Carman <ij...@googlemail.com>.
Asankha,

I think an October timeframe for a release fits within the constraints of
the project that we're working on. I'd be happy to test an earlier release
to verify that it addresses the issue we have at the moment.

In our scenario, an upstream application will be placing messages on a JMS
queue that will be relayed through a Synapse proxy using a HTTP transport to
a downstream web service. What I need to ensure is that the correlation id
in the JMS header of the response returned by Synapse contains a value that
can be used by the upstream application to match it to the original message
and that the response is placed back on the queue in the reply-to property.

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Hi Ian

Posted by Ian Carman <ij...@googlemail.com>.
Asankha,