Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Byrne Reese <by...@thebeatenpath.com> on 2001/12/17 01:31:47 UTC

Sending POST data to cactus

I am quite an impatient person, so I apologize in advance if my question
is already answered in documentation somewhere, but my initial scan did
not up root anything concrete on how to simulate a POST request.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction in how to use
Cactus/JUnit to simulate a POST request?

Is there a way for me to set the inputstream on an HttpServlet object?

Arrg - Byrne

RE: Sending POST data to cactus

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
This is a new feature of Cactus 1.3 (see the changes on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/changes.html#release_changes to get
some more details).

You get this feature by downloading the nightly builds (as Cactus 1.3 is
still in CVS). In term of installation, be sure to put the aspectjrt.jar
both in your client and server side classpaths (found in lib/ directory
of distribution).

There is an example of how to use this feature in the unit tests :
TestServletTestCase2.java (method: testSendUserData()).

Thanks
-Vincent