Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Mario Brandt <jb...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/28 19:25:56 UTC

Advanced status table?

Since 2.3.? there is this nice overview table in the server-status
page. http://www.images-hack.de/bild.php/15079,statusKCQ3G.png

Since it shows the status for apache working with threads. Why I see
that only with event mpm, and not with worker mpm nor winnt mpm?

It is a real nice to have feature, since it also shows the PIDs.

Cheers
Mario

Re: Advanced status table?

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Wednesday 28 December 2011, Mario Brandt wrote:
> Since 2.3.? there is this nice overview table in the server-status
> page. http://www.images-hack.de/bild.php/15079,statusKCQ3G.png
>
> Since it shows the status for apache working with threads. Why I
> see that only with event mpm, and not with worker mpm nor winnt
> mpm?
>
> It is a real nice to have feature, since it also shows the PIDs.

Most of the columns are only relevant for asynchronous MPMs, and event
is currently the only asynchronous MPM. On non-async threaded MPMs,
only the PID and idle/busy threas columns would be relevant. The
number of connections is always identical to the number of busy
threads and there are no async connections.

If you think that a per-process summary of the worker slot states (R,
K, C, W, etc.) would be useful, that could be added. But that's not
what is currently displayed with event MPM.