Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Kalluru Uma. Maheswar" <Ka...@adeasolutions.com> on 2005/01/20 06:35:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Please help, How to redirect

Hi,
Our Linux server is running Apache Http Server with Tomcat. If a user
types http://myserver.com/test.jsp, then the request if forwarded to
Tomcat and Tomcat handles the processing of JSP file without change in
port number in the URL.

But now I have got a struts application and if I type
http://myserver.com/test.do then I get 404 File not found error, this is
because apache is trying to look for test.do file in root directory. How
can I configure apache to redirect *.do to Tomcat without changing the
port number?

e.g. http://myserver.com:8080/test.do works as this is running directly
on Tomcat but I do not want to display the port number 8080, Please help
me configure.

Thanks
Uma

Re: [users@httpd] Please help, How to redirect

Posted by Dick Davies <ra...@hellooperator.net>.
* Kalluru Uma. Maheswar <Ka...@adeasolutions.com> [0136 05:36]:
> Hi,
> Our Linux server is running Apache Http Server with Tomcat. If a user
> types http://myserver.com/test.jsp, then the request if forwarded to
> Tomcat and Tomcat handles the processing of JSP file without change in
> port number in the URL.
>
> But now I have got a struts application and if I type
> http://myserver.com/test.do then I get 404 File not found error, this is
> because apache is trying to look for test.do file in root directory. How
> can I configure apache to redirect *.do to Tomcat without changing the
> port number?
>
> e.g. http://myserver.com:8080/test.do works as this is running directly
> on Tomcat but I do not want to display the port number 8080, Please help
> me configure.

Speak to the tomcat list, there is a plugin for apache to allow this
(mod_jk2).

--
'The heroes claimed that they did care about people getting shot,
so they crashed their cars into them instead.'

Re: [users@httpd] Please help, How to redirect

Posted by Sean T Allen <se...@ardismg.com>.
You can also use mod_proxy to proxy the connection over...