Posted to user@hive.apache.org by "Lu, Wei" <wl...@microstrategy.com> on 2012/01/10 07:52:50 UTC

An Issue in org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe (All versions affacted)

Hi there,

Codes highlighted below may have some problem. SERIALIZATION_FORMAT should be FIELD_DELIM.
In file: org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe

  public static SerDeParameters initSerdeParams(Configuration job,
      Properties tbl, String serdeName) throws SerDeException {
    SerDeParameters serdeParams = new SerDeParameters();
    // Read the separators: We use 8 levels of separators by default, but we
    // should change this when we allow users to specify more than 10 levels
    // of separators through DDL.
    serdeParams.separators = new byte[8];
    serdeParams.separators[0] = getByte(tbl.getProperty(Constants.FIELD_DELIM,
        tbl.getProperty(Constants.SERIALIZATION_FORMAT)), DefaultSeparators[0]);

Regards,
Wei

Re: An Issue in org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.lazy.LazySimpleSerDe (All versions affacted)

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
It means if value associated with key FIELD_DELIM is absent, then use value
associated with SERIALIZATION_FORMAT.

Thanks,
Aniket

--