Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Robert Badaracco <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/01 16:12:46 UTC

Log4j issue in axis1.2beta and Commons HTTP Client

Davanum,

Can't seem to turn off the logger on this message
that's sent to the console from Commons HTTP client:

[9/1/04 10:02:16:699 EDT]  7505bb0 HttpMethodBas I
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
Discarding unexpected response: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue

My log4j.properties file is initialized by a servlet
that reads the following XML file:

Note that the priority value is set to 'error'. I
think
the console message above is a warning that occurs
during the retry...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<log4j:configuration
xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/">

  <renderer

renderingClass="com.mbusa.locator.http.HttpUserEventLogEntryRenderer"

renderedClass="com.mbusa.locator.http.HttpUserEventLogEntry"
/>

  <renderer

renderingClass="com.mbusa.locator.UserEventLogEntryRenderer"

renderedClass="com.mbusa.locator.UserEventLogEntry" />

    <appender name="UserEventLogAppender"
class="org.apache.log4j.FileAppender">
    <param name="File"
value="c:/temp/DealerLocatorUserEvents.csv"/>
    <param name="Append" value="true"/>
    <layout class="org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout" />

  </appender>

  <root>
    <priority value ="error"/>
    <appender-ref ref="UserEventLogAppender"/>
  </root>

</log4j:configuration>

http://mail.yahoo.com